When add to your calendar
In October of 2019 the Scottish Surf Committee of the SCA will run a The Scottish Surf Kayaking Championships. This event plans to run on the north coast, based from Thurso. This will be our most prestigious domestic event of the year crowning our new Scottish Champions. Our main organiser for the event will be David Russell. Ian Sherrington is managing your entries on Tournr.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
The event will be run to World Surf Kayak Association rules. These can be found at www.wska.org and include boat specification, judging criteria, age categories etc. In particular, all boats must have flotation bag or full foam, and end-tapes.
Competitors are expected to make personal participation decisions on the day suited to their abilities and surf conditions, and with safety of themselves and others in mind.
You must be a member of a Governing Body for your area (BC, CANI, Canoe Wales, SCA etc).
The participant acknowledges that personal information (including medical information entered on registration OR collected by event medical staff during or after the event) can be stored, used and disclosed by the organisers in connection with the organisation and administration of the event and for the compilation of anonymised statistical information. The participant acknowledges that if they become ill during or after the event and/or received medical attention or treatment from event medical provider, or any doctor or hospital, they authorise such persons to provide their details (including details of medical treatment) to the Event Organisers or others authorised by the Event Organiser, subject to maintaining appropriate Medical Confidentiality.
I am aware of the risks involved in the sport and this event. I understand that I am responsible for my own actions and for my personal safety and declare that I am competent and suitably equipped to take part in this event.
I hereby certify that the information that I have provided relates to me (and my emergency contact where applicable) and is correct to the best of my knowledge and I hereby explicitly consent to the processing of my personal data, including any sensitive personal data, for the purposes set out in the SCA terms and conditions of entry and fair processing statement
- I will listen to the event briefing and ask questions for clarification on any points I am unsure about.
- I am aware that the activities I am to take part in are of a strenuous and adventurous nature. I acknowledge such risk and therefore accept the need for responsible behaviour, including listening to and following safety instructions.
- I have no medical condition or disability which may be relevant to me participating in this event other than those disclosed.
- The organisers cannot be held responsible for water quality issues.
- I am not under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
- I am able to swim and I am confident in the surf wearing the clothing I will be wearing whilst participating in the event.
- I am aware that the session may be cancelled for operational, weather or environmental related safety issues.
- I agree to abide by SCA ‘Go Canoeing’ Code of Practice.